This facebook page is full of cancer.
If you want sexual equality then you should focus on both genders, not just one. There is no such thing as the patriarchy. Women are not oppressed in our society. People still complain that, “Oh, men are 3x more likely to pass a job interview than women” but perhaps that’s because there are 3x more men who go for those jobs than women. If women want to be doctors, lawyers, whatever- there is nothing stopping them. If you’re angry about the lack of female lawyers, then you should have got your degree in law instead of women’s studies.
Dear 17 year old Aaron from Perth,
My name is Victoria. Once upon a time I too, was an ignorant white person who was aged 17. I thought it was a great time in my life. I thought that I could do anything and be anyone I wanted to be. Then I realised something that you have no understanding or comprehension of; I am a woman.
I am a woman in a male dominated world. You, young Aaron, seem to think that the world is only male dominated because we women lack the initiative to go out and gain jobs or degrees. I think you will find, if you cast your eyes over some literature, or go and talk to your elderly neighbour, maybe even your parent(s), that traditionally a women’s role in society was to be married off, have children, and be a domestic housewife. Sometimes women were lucky enough to be able to go out and maybe get into a profession such as nursing or become a secretary, but these jobs had to be put on hold for any children that were to arrive.
Slowly society has been getting better, thanks to the introduction of contraception and the need for more jobs because of more infrastructure. However, the world is still not yet equal.
I ask of you, Aaron, to think of the Prime Ministers that Australia has had. All of them, except for your current one, have been men, correct? All white. All from privileged backgrounds. Probably much like you! Now think of America and it’s Presidents. All white men, except for Obama, who was the very first person of colour.
Society is still run essentially the same way it was a hundred years ago. White men rule everything, and people who are not these white men get shat upon.
This means that you, yes you, have the power in your hands. You have the power to change. You want to see women being in professions such as law? Then you need to do something about it. You want people to stop fighting for equal opportunities? Then you need to do something about it.
And by doing something about it, I do not mean, Aaron, that you complain about how feminists are destroying your life because they realise how shit theirs is compared to yours. I do not mean telling women to go to university and get education when they may not be able to afford it, they may have had to drop out of school to care for family, or have children themselves. Women are your responsibility, because you are the privileged person in this situation. You want us to be like you? Then you need to do something about it.
And one day, when the world is equal, and feminism no longer needs to exist, then I will hunt you down, Aaron, 17, from Perth, and I will thank you. I will thank you for all of the hard work you put in to helping the world become a better place. I will thank you for helping all of these women gain entry to universities. I will thank you for paying for their tuition. I will thank you for providing health care and reproductive rights to all women. I will thank you for creating new jobs so that all people can work. I will thank you for raising the minimum wage. I will thank you for making equal pay a thing of the present, and not of the future. And I will thank you for allowing women all over the world to be free of the shackles that have bound them for centuries.
Aaron, 17, from Perth, you are our only hope. We women of the world anxiously await your first move, as we lay in our beds too lazy to go out and find jobs, or get further education. We await your command Aaron, 17, from Perth. We await with anticipation at how you will change the world so you can stop hearing us complain.
(via youngsupernova)366 notes · #egh #I'm too emotional for this #high fives lady
- cal-miller reblogged this from messycarla and added:
- not-yourdoll reblogged this from sissypunks and added:
- sherlockiangirl reblogged this from porcelainsong and added:
- sherlockiangirl likes this
- cartagra reblogged this from rudegalramirez and added:
- rudegalramirez reblogged this from tentaclesandteacups and added:
- shutupilovethissong likes this
- thepeaceofthewildthings likes this
- iwyawaw likes this
- lliminal reblogged this from vulgar-prince and added:
- opheliaanachronism likes this
- utopianfallopian likes this
- katisconfused likes this
- theknightmurders reblogged this from porcelainsong and added:
- porcelainsong reblogged this from vulgar-prince and added:
- vulgar-prince reblogged this from chubby-bunnies and added:
- fakesnakesablaze likes this
- ashrenee reblogged this from beardscience and added:
- eyehatedann likes this
- teenangstbullshit reblogged this from existential-crisis-or-hangover and added:
- bearbaskets reblogged this from synthetic-senshi
- derpstaronline reblogged this from mantavelous
- fathairylesbian reblogged this from chubby-bunnies and added:
- major-hxh-redflag reblogged this from amodernmanifesto
- floralpatternmonster likes this
- synthetic-senshi reblogged this from chubby-bunnies and added:
- the-great-labyrinth reblogged this from shaofbutts
- likeasortofsoulcompass reblogged this from existential-crisis-or-hangover and added:
- can-i-get-an-amen reblogged this from chubby-bunnies and added:
- hello-newman reblogged this from thewaitisogre
- embersilk likes this
- inkedrainbow reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- compilt reblogged this from shehadafever
- messycarla reblogged this from bon-bon and added:
- kallascorchrazor reblogged this from elksy
- alexzjaerail reblogged this from shaofbutts
- belformas reblogged this from elksy
- belformas likes this
- existential-crisis-or-hangover reblogged this from mattcull and added:
- shaofbutts reblogged this from elksy
- soylentvanilla reblogged this from chubby-bunnies
- kiryki reblogged this from curvedandaskew
- i-killed-yoko-ono likes this
- sylphaeon likes this
- hospitalhorror likes this
- adhomosexual reblogged this from thelessdeceived and added:
- elksy reblogged this from sleepy-anarchist
- thewaitisogre reblogged this from my-little-underground
- thewaitisogre likes this
- amodernmanifesto reblogged this from sans-nuage